Vitamins A, C and E, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, along with a boost of Fibre, Omega 6’s and protein 😉
You’ll Need (Makes 16 muffins)
- Flaxseeds – 1/4 cup
- Water, filtered – 1 cup
- Almonds, whole raw – 3 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Mandarins, whole peeled, de-seeded- 8 whole
- Maple syrup – 1/4 cup
Let’s Get Started
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F), and get out a non-stick muffin pan, line with individual baking paper sheets, paper cups or grease with a little coconut oil.
- Grind flaxseeds till fine, put in a small bowl and add water. Stir well to combine and let sit until thick (this is your flax egg).
- Put whole almonds in blender/food processor and process until fine – keep in the blender.
- Add flax egg, baking powder, peeled mandarins and maple syrup to almond meal in blender/food processor and – on a medium speed – blend to combine.
- Spoon mix into each individual muffin tin and bake for 35-minutes.
- Check muffins are cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle of the muffin, if it comes out clean… it’s ready.
- If still wet inside, bake in 10-min increments until done.
- Either completely cool on a rack for storage or let cool slightly and serve warm with some non-dairy butter.
- When completely cool, store in an air-tight container in the pantry for 3-5 days.
- Keeps in the fridge for approx. 2 weeks
Let me know how you like them by commenting below 👇👇👇