Not the one from the supermarket that is kept in vinegar but the REAL SAUERKRAUT that has been fermented in brine (salt solution). SAUERKRAUT is an excellent pre-biotic. A Prebiotics is a food that serves as food for beneficial bacteria in our digestive tract. Fermented foods assist in restoring the balance of bacteria in your gut, aid digestion and improve your body’s ability to absorb the nutrients from the foods you eat. So rather than popping a prebiotic why not colonize the gut with REAL food!
SOME BENEFITS OF EATING SAUERKRAUT
- Lactic acid enhances the digestibility of food and promotes the growth of healthy flora in the intestines.
- Increases Vitamin A & C levels
- It produces enzymes that help with digestion
- It produces antibiotic substances
- Rich in Vitamin K2 (known cancer fighter)
- Helps cut down on sugar cravings