This is the perfect mix to sprinkle over salads, roast vegetables or soup. Packed full of Vitamin E, a fat soluble antioxidant, that protects us against toxins that damage cells. It also is a great immunity booster and helps to lower cholesterol.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
NUTRITIONAL VALUE (1 heaped tbsp.)
212 calories, Protein 8g, Fat 18, Saturated Fat 2.4g, Carbohydrates 2g, Fibre 3g
- ½ cup (50g) slivered almonds
- ½ cup (60g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup (70g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp. coconut oil
OPTIONAL: You can substitute any nuts e.g. hazelnuts, cashews, brazil nuts OR seeds e.g. chia, quinoa, amaranth
- Melt coconut oil in shallow fry pan.
- Put in all ingredients and keep stirring until slightly brown
- Let cool, then keep in fridge in a sealed container.