Well, when raw cashews are soaked, and blended, they have the same rich creamy consistency of cheese but without any of the associated issues that many people have with dairy.
This Raspberry Cheesecake is divine and is so quick to make. It’s perfect to keep in the freezer and have a slice whenever you crave something sweet.
Makes: 10 – 12 Servings
Time to make: 2 hrs pre-soaking cashews. 20 Minutes to make the entire cheesecake.
- 2 cups almonds, slivered or flaked
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- AFTER BLENDING – 3 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
CHEESECAKE FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups cashews, whole raw (pre-soaked for 3hrs)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Choose which type of dish/tin you want to use and line with baking paper. Either a rectangular shallow dish (17 x 23cm) is perfect if you want to be able to cut it into squares OR a round cake tin to cut into quarters OR Individual ramekins to create small individual cheesecakes.
BASE (CRUST) METHOD
- Place almonds, dates and coconut into thermomix/blender/food processor and mix until combined.
- Melt coconut oil and drizzle into mix while blending on low.
- Spoon base into dish/tin and press down firmly.
- Place in the freezer while you’re making the cheesecake layer.
CHEESECAKE LAYER METHOD
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Place all cheesecake filling ingredients into thermomix/blender/food processor, mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon on top of crust and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hrs to firm up
- 10 mins prior to serving top with extra frozen raspberries
If you want to make this a LEMON CHEESECAKE then replace the raspberries for the zest and juice of 3-4 lemons