Sprouts are a fantastic source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients and provide 100 times more enzymes than fruits and vegetables – as they are a LIVE food. In addition, they are a great source of the amino acid Lysine which helps maintain a healthy immune system. Also packed with fibre and a providing a potent hit of Vitamins A, B-complex, C, and E you’re really doing your health a BIG favour by eating this!
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
SERVINGS: 6 servings
NUTRITIONAL VALUE (100g serving size)
142 calories, Protein 3.6g, Fat 10g, Sat Fat 1.5g, Carbohydrates 6.8g, Fibre 2g
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups crunchy combo sprouts (or make your own – click here)
- 8-10 radishes, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced or grated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup coriander or spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw red cabbage
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. EV olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small jar (with lid) combine garlic, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper put on the lid and shake until mixed.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat for about 2 minutes, moving them around continuously. Remove and crush in a mortar with pestle, roughly. If you can’t be bothered doing this, you can always add 1tsp. ground cumin seed to the dressing.
- Combine the sprouts, radishes, carrots, coriander, cherry tomatoes and red cabbage in a large salad bowl.
- Shake the dressing and pour over the salad and dust with cumin and serve.