With the weather cooling down it’s nice to have a warm meal. This Vegetarian Bolognese is easy to prepare, healthy, easy to digest and gives you a great balance of protein, fat and carbs.
TIME TO MAKE: 10 mins to prepare, 30-40 minutes to simmer
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT: 100g = 50cal, Protein 22%, Fat 18%, Complex carbs 50%, Fibre 12%
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 brown Onion
- 2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Green Capsicum
- 1 can Kidney beans
- 15 whole button Mushrooms
- 1 Zucchini (raw for zucchini pasta) or use Organic Wholemeal Pasta
- Melt olive oil in large pot, sauté onion, garlic, capsicum and mushrooms
- Add kidney beans and crush with a potato masher so they are half crushed.
- Add crushed tomatoes
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes
- Using a spiraliser – make zucchini pasta. Can be warmed by dropping quickly into a pot of boiled water.