a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i | j | k | l | m | n | o | p | q | r | s | t | u | v | w | x | y | z
Voi believes that what you put ON your body is just as important as what you put IN your body. That’s why our products are made from the highest grade, certified organic and natural ingredients free from artificial colours, fragrances, chemical preservatives, parabens and petrochemicals. Next to each of our ingredients, in brackets, is the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) name. This is the Latin name used for global standardization.
VOI uses CERTIFIED ORGANIC essential oils because….
- Organic farmers rotate their crops ensuring nutrients are replenished in the soil. Plants have increased vitality, and are healthier.
- The entire process from ‘growing to distillation’ takes place WITHOUT the use of toxic pesticides, herbicides or chemical/synthetic fertilizers or GMOs.
- To support organic agriculture and sustainable practices.
Essential oils are extracted from plants – the blossom, peel, leaves or bark. The oil captures the plant’s essence in a highly concentrated form and its small molecular size allows easy penetration of the skin. Essential oils have wonderful benefits for the skin. Here are some of them…..
- Improves skin elasticity
- Encourages new cell growth
- Regulates oil production
- Reduces acne breakouts
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Tones sagging skin
- Refines skin texture
- Promotes blood circulation for a healthy glow
- Reduces the visibility of age spots, pigmentation and scars
- Soothes damaged or irritated skin
- Reduces redness and irritation and helps with broken capillaries
- Therapeutic properties – anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antimicrobial, antiparasitic and antiseptic.
- In addition the aroma therapeutic benefits help to rebalance the mind.
All VOI products are packaged in dark amber glass, or aluminium tins, as exposure to sunlight can affect the therapeutic constituents and accelerate the expiration of an essential oil rendering it useless, and in some cases can result in doing more harm than good. Skincare products, containing essential oils, should never be packaged in plastic as they can be corrosive and eat away at the plastic releasing harmful toxins into the skin.
No animal testing – ALL VEGAN
We never test on animals and nor do our suppliers. All our ingredients are plant based.
Voi products blended with only organic plant oils and butters do not require preservatives; however natural vitamin E oil (d-alpha tocopherol) is added to formulations as a natural antioxidant to prevent oxidisation. Products blended with hydrosols necessitate a preservative to protect against bacteria gram +, e gram -, moulds and yeasts. Voi uses Grapefruit seed extract. Grapefruit seed extract is extracted from the seeds of the grapefruit without the use of Benzalkonium chloride or any other quaternaries and has no Triclosan or Parabens added.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR VOI SKINCARE PRODUCTS
✿ Always use a clean spatula when dispensing product. Using wet hands may lead to bacterial growth.
✿ Close the lid firmly after use as air oxidises the pure organic ingredients.
✿ Store below 24°C in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
✿ Liquid products should be shaken (very) gently prior to use.
✿ Products can be refrigerated; however do not take them in and out as temperature changes can affect the ingredients.
✿ Colour and texture may vary slightly due to season and source.
✿ Slight separation may occur at times. This is perfectly normal; just gently re-mix with your spatula.
✿ Balms may have small lumps as we let our balms cool naturally and the beeswax sometimes clumps. On body contact they will dissolve.
*Denotes CERTIFIED ORGANIC (ACO/USDA)